Sunday, September 9, 2012

DAY 9

I was grateful Jace woke up okay with going to church today.  A typical Sunday consist of me waking him up at 8:30, fighting him to wear church clothes, changing his tie 10 times because he refuses to wear it, and trying to negotiate whether or not he has to attend his own class.  Rushing to get him in the car, begging him to at least eat a granola bar, and then convincing him nursery is fun.  So today was a welcomed blessing.  I am grateful he woke up on his own, willingly ate breakfast, didn't make a fuss about his clothes, and went to nursery happily.

Right before our meeting started Camden's friend Tessa came up to him and regretfully said she was moving.  Her dad accepted a job offer in Utah and she wanted to be the first one to tell him.  She said, "I have to move a long ways away and won't see you.  I am moving out of this world".  It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  Camden just sorta nodded his head and looked at her before inviting her over for a water fight.


I am grateful for the innocence of my children at this age.  I've been thinking a lot about how quickly they will grow up and the huge responsibility that lies on me to teach them good things.  It pains my mother heart to know they will make choices in their lives that will be hard.  And it eats at me to the core that I need to instill in them the ability to make the correct choices which can bring them true joy.  I wish their innocence would stay forever.

This afternoon I was making a treat and Camden asked if he would like what I was making.  I jokingly told him, "no way, it is pure sugar and you will hate it".  He listened carefully and didn't ask again.  It hit me that he trusted me(even though I was totally kidding), he didn't need to further question my answer.  He knew I knew and he was ok with that.  The clock is ticking and it's not in my favor.  I recognize that he won't always trust everything I say enough to not even question.  But I hope he and Jace will always try and remember that I love them, and want nothing but the best for them.  I hope they can trust me.  

Tonight I attended a parent/youth fireside and was grateful for the instruction.  We were taught three steps on how to bring our children "home":
1. Always teach them with love
2. Always teach the right thing.
3. Always teach at the right time.

I am slowly catching on to when my children learn best.  I love that I have been able to recognize that it is very different for both of them.  I hope I can be patient enough to teach them both in the way they need to be taught.  I hope I can continue to recognize and learn what they both need and how they need it.

I love these three boys of mine.

No comments: