Monday, September 10, 2012

DAY 10

Ironing has never been a favorite of mine.  In fact, I can't even tell you the last time I ironed something for my husband.  He knows better than to expect or want that from me.  It ain't happening!  But wrinkled church clothes is right up there on my list of things I don't like.  So I recently started something new with how I tackle my ironing dilemma.  I like to iron my boys church clothes as they come out of the wash.  That way there is no scrambling the morning of trying to get things pressed.  If it's hanging in the closet it is ready to be worn.  Can I tell you how much I love seeing 8 pair of neatly pressed pants and several button up shirts all ready for church?  Mmm...does my heart good.  And if you would have told me to do this a year ago, I would have laughed in your face.  But it works for me now and I'm gonna embrace it.


So today after I sorted, washed, folded, hung up, and put away 9 loads of laundry, I couldn't help but feel proud seeing my bundle in the laundry room.  I am normally the one who leaves it sitting in the dryer for an entire day because I loathe anything after sorting and putting it in the washing machine.  Today I conquered something big.  Here's to hoping I can accomplish just as much in the cleaning toilets department tomorrow.

Oh and one other thing today...

We were driving to school and I reminded Camden about being respectful and kind and watching out for those kids who might feel lonely.  His response, "I always do that because Heavenly Father made me."  When I asked him what he meant by that he said, "That's what Heavenly Father would do and He made me to be like him, so I am".  I wanted to bottle up that knowledge and save it just in case he loses sight of that simple truth in his future.

2 comments:

Amee said...

OK I hate hate hate ironing. I have NEVER ironed one of Aaron's work shirts. The other day Aaron suggested signing up with Martinizing (a delivery laundry service.) I guess after 8 years of marriage he has completely given up! Not only that but he thinks it will be a good idea to pay a little extra for them to come and pick up his dirty shirts, and deliver them clean and ironed. I have never been so happy, all that guilt.....gone! But, on a serious note I have decided I actually might need to start ironing Palmer's dresses, the other day at church she looked like an orphan child. :)

{amy k.} said...

what a system! that sounds fabulous! why is laundry so difficult?? and it is one of those tasks that is never ending.... blah! but you, you make it sound doable and wonderful even! :)