Wednesday, September 12, 2012

DAY 12

I cannot for the life of me, remember that Wednesday is late start day at school.  It's probably gonna be the death of me every week.  I pulled up to drop Camden off and the green flag wasn't out.  The green flag is hung ten minutes before school starts which means there is a teacher on duty at the playground.  The kids are welcome to play until the bell rings as long as the flag is up.  Camden insisted on me letting him out this morning even though the flag wasn't up.  Once I pulled around the circle it dawned on me, late start!  Shoot, better luck next week.


After school we all got to hang at the park with the kids in Camden's class.  It was Ethan's birthday and his mom planned a picnic for all the moms and kids.  It was a fun way to get to know other parents and for our kids to get to know each other better.


As we were leaving one of the boys said goodbye to Camden and he replied with, "see ya later dude".  The little boy turned to me and said, "He calls everyone dude, and it's funny!"  I was laughing so hard.  Camden is just like his dad and can't ever remember names, so he just calls people dude.  Oh man.


On a random side note, Jace has been getting extra cranky around lunch time.  So I recently started giving him more "quiet time".  He willingly goes into his room and chooses to take a nap.  It doesn't happen everyday, but he and I can both tell when he needs it.  Today was one of those days.

Tonight after soccer practice we walked to the car and Camden had his head looking at the ground.  I asked him if he was ok and he told me he wasn't.  He said he felt "pretty sad" because I hadn't told him "good job at practice".  My observant man had noticed when I told all the kids goodbye I said, "thanks for coming and good job today".  But because I didn't tell Camden goodbye and didn't say the exact same thing to him, he felt bad.  Geez I'm rude.  I know he is sensitive and I need to try harder to see things from his perspective.

No comments: