Saturday, September 15, 2012

DAY 15

The boys have been begging for orange juice in the mornings for several days now.  I kept forgetting to grab some at the store until yesterday.  So I was excited to serve it to them this morning with their waffles.  It was well received, they both had two glasses.

Dan had to work during Camden's game today but he had plenty of other supporters.  Of course Jace and I came, along with Nanny and Papa and Andrea and her kids.  I'm thinking he was a little distracted with all of his "fans"; he was off in his own world while he was supposed to be playing soccer.  But I keep trying to tell myself, it's only kindergarten ball.  Relax.  He felt so special having so many people attend and for that I am thankful.

Tonight I finished up a few odds and ends with my lesson for tomorrow.


Our stake has been participating in a new pilot program for the youth lessons.  I have been grateful for the chance it gives me to think outside the box as I study and prepare for my discussion with the young women.  Today I came across this BYU devotional about remembering Lot's wife.  I cried like a baby through the whole thing. 

I have been guilty of being just like Lot's wife.  I think it's hard to not look back.  It is easy to think about all the woulda, shoulda coulda's.  And it is hard to remember that faith is always pointed toward the future.


I had so many things I wanted to remember and post on my mirror from this devotional, but that is hard considering I highlighted the entire address.  Maybe I can post all 7 pages!  Elder Holland said, "To all such of every generation I call out, "Remember Lot's wife." Faith is for the future. Faith builds on the past but never longs to stay there. Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that Christ is the "high priest of good things to come."...Keep your eyes on your dreams, however distant, and live to see the miracles of repentance and forgiveness, trust and divine love transform your life today, tomorrow and
forever."


I can't wait to read this talk over and over again.  I love it!

1 comment:

{amy k.} said...

i am going to read that talk now...right now, with the move and all of life feeling a bit uncertain i need all of the reminders i can find on how to strengthen faith and why it is important! thanks for sharing!