Thursday, September 8, 2011

DAY 8

Today I finally started a quilt I've had my eyes on for quite some time.  I'm hoping to finish it by this weekend. I would love to share how adorable it's looking, but that will have to wait.

But I can show you the cute handout I made for the ladies I get to visit teach each month.

This isn't the exact one I gave my ladies today but it's pretty darn close.  All I had to do was print it from here, cut it out, glue it on the box of goodies, and bam I'm done.  I enjoyed the message this month about strengthening our families through our own spirituality.

Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president, said: “There has grown in me an overwhelming testimony of the value of daughters of God. … I have felt that there has never been a greater need for increased faith and personal righteousness. There has never been a greater need for strong families and homes.”

Sisters can help create strong homes and families as they act on personal revelation. “The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life,”

I don't think it's any coincidence that I have met some of my greatest friends through this program of visiting teaching.  It's sad that it took me so long to realize what the program is truly about.  Serving other women and building friendships.  Divine!

1 comment:

Kaylie said...

Such a cute idea! You are so creative and smart and the list could go on and on....I have just recently been coming to this realization of visiting teaching being such a great thing too and loved this post from you!