Monday, September 19, 2011

DAY 19

I've had my eye on this adorable quilt pattern for some time now, and needed the perfect excuse to make it.  So when my friend found out she was having a little girl after already having two boys, I couldn't wait to make this frilly and pink just for her.


I've never done applique before and found it rather tedious.  So other than stitching around all those letters, this quilt was so fun to make.  It came together so quickly and I loved using so many girly fabrics.


With the center being plain white, I was a bit nervous for the final outcome.  But after quilting the daisy pattern all over and adding some fun ric rac, it came together so nice.


I love the polka dot binding and the soft minky on back.


And nothing tickles my fancy more than seeing this bundle of love all rolled up ready to be enjoyed!

It was so fun to be able to go to Lauren's shower tonight and see friends I hadn't since high school.  I love living closer so I can enjoy special occasion's like this.

3 comments:

{amy k.} said...

you are so talented, i LOVE that quilt! you should sell them! :) so, how did you learn? and how do you do the fun daisy design on the quilt? do you have a quilt machine?

Tawnya said...

It looks fantastic!!

Gabaldon said...

Lissa you never cease to amaze me:) you are so talented I wish I could sew like you, my mom tried to teach me & let's just say I need help...lol I remember on West 8 bringing all your yummy goodies & now sewing & amazing mamma......I look up to you!!!