Thursday, October 4, 2007

Trip to Utah

Just in case you have been wondering why I haven't posted anything in a while...wonder no more! Camden and I have been in Utah having a blast!

I got a call from my mom on Sunday saying Nanny and Papa had some vouchers for Southwest Airlines that they wanted to let me use. These vouchers were worth a certain amount of money and had to be used by a certain date, and they weren't using them. So me being their favorite granddaughter, got to reap the reward! Really it was probably for everyone to see Cam, but I'll pretend I don't know that. We made reservations that night, and left to Utah on Tuesday. Poor ol' Dan was left home all by his lonesome in order to pay the bills.

This picture is a little dark, but here we are getting ready to take off! I made friends with the lady across from me and asked her to take our picture.

Camden is no amateur at this whole flying thing! He was such a trooper and did great the entire trip there. He was so pleasant, and laughed almost the entire time. You will notice I dressed him appropriately for Arizona weather. But as we were landing the pilot welcomed us to Salt Lake City and warned us that it was 48 degrees outside. Oops! I felt a little neglectful. Good thing he had a blanket.

Later that afternoon we had to go buy Camden something warm to wear to my little sister's soccer game. Living in Arizona and Camden only being a few months old, we had to buy a completely new wardrobe for Utah weather. We were running late and the store we stopped at didn't have much to chose from. So Camden got a 6-9 month sweat outfit to go over his tank top. It looked a little goofy, but that was okay because we didn't get to stay long.

Carly got kicked in the eye and didn't get to play the rest of the game. The trainer there was afraid she had a concussion and needed to go to the hospital. So we got out of the cold and her the very best care at the very best hospital(my Mom and Dad's house).

Later that same night Camden got to meet his Great Grandpa(aka Papa) for the first time. He was screaming until we gave him to Papa and he just started hysterically laughing. I tried to capture it on camera, obviously it didn't work too well. But you can see his slobber infested tank top and hot looking sweat pants.

2 comments:

Cara Fish said...

whoa, leave you alone for a few days and you certainly fill up that blog! sounds like so much fun! and then you come back to AZ where it is 90 still....missed you on sunday!

Rebecca said...

Fun stuff! Looks like a really fun trip! Sorry we missed you! :)