Thursday, October 18, 2007

Telogen Effluvium

Already alright I am losing my hair! During the past week or so I have been having a massive amount of hair loss! It has become rather ridiculous. Everywhere I go I leave a huge chunk of my hair. So I, along with my handy dandy friend "Google", have given myself the diagnosis of Telogen Effluvium.

"Telogen effluvium is a form of nonscarring alopecia characterized by diffuse hair shedding, often with an acute onset. Telogen effluvium is a reactive process caused by a metabolic or hormonal stress or by medications. Generally, recovery is spontaneous and occurs within 6 months."

So in other words...having children is a beotch, my next post will probably be pictures of my gray hairs that are already growing. But never fear, this disease I have will hopefully make a spontaneous recovery within 6 months. The doctor is in! If anybody else is suffering from any sort of weird problems and looking for a diagnosis, let me know...I have a PHD in google-ology!

2 comments:

Mike & Lindy said...

OK- I have to say that I also stalk your blog, along with about a million others! It is very addicting! I remember when I came to Arizona for Mitchell's wedding, and you watched Lyric and Seth while Tiff and I went to the sealing.
I just have to say that I totally sympothize on the loosing hair thing! I am going through the exact same thing right now. Paxton was born July 5, and I would say this started a few weeks ago for me. It is starting to seem a bit extreme to be loosing this much hair! By the way, your little guy is too cute :)

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

i am still losing my hair!!! It's amazing i have any on my head! Yes I would like a diagnosis..my boobs are shrinking at an extremely fast pace..whats the problem??