Thursday, October 11, 2007

So Lucky!

I am so lucky to have these two boys in my life, they mean the world to me! Dan works super long hours and very hard at his job. Any day he gets off, I go to work, and he takes Camden. I feel so lucky that Camden doesn't have to go to a babysitter, but instead gets great "quality" time with his Mom and Dad. On the days I do go into work, I don't have to worry if Camden is getting enough love, or if he's being taken care of. What better hands to be in then your own Dad's. I will say...when I first went back to work I was a little hesitant, because a Dad just isn't a Mom(if that makes any sense). But Camden is such a happy boy on the days he spends with his Dad, and he is always in one piece when I get home. I love knowing that I have nothing to worry about! I also love that Dan has NEVER complained about having to "watch" Camden on his only days off. In fact, I think he cherishes those days when he gets to spend time with just him and his boy! I need to learn from him and not complain about me never getting a day off!

Camden has been teething lately and hasn't been the happiest camper! The other night when Dan got home from work I was a bit frazzled. Camden had been crying for the last few hours, didn't take an afternoon nap, and was naked because I had already changed his clothes four times that day and was done. I had him sitting in his boppy watching me clean out his drawers while he cried(I tried everything to console him, nothing worked, so I let him sit there and cry). Dan came up stairs and started loving on him and he immediately started laughing. Nobody can make him happier than his Dad.

Of course here is Chewie trying to get in on the action. Whenever Dan plays with Cam and makes him laugh, Chewie gets all worked up and wants to play!

What would I do without them? I am so lucky!!!

4 comments:

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

YOU ARE LUCKY!! DAN IS A GREAT FATHER! NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS BETTER THAN FAMILY..BUT BEST FRIENDS COME IN A CLOSE 2ND!!

Bubbly Faces said...

Your boys are so cute!! You guys make a great team... Keep it up!

Cara Fish said...

Oh my gosh...that hat on Camden makes me smile...

Unknown said...

it is so true that sometimes the kids just need a new face. i am convinced that finn gets just as tired of me as i sometimes get of him! :)