Wednesday, November 7, 2007

New and Crazy Things

Camden has started doing a bunch of new and crazy things lately. Most recently he finds it rather humorous to scream just for the heck of it. I was at the scrapbook store yesterday using some of their equipment and he decided to bust out the girly scream. He was in no way, shape, or form distressed; it was simply for attention and to frustrate mom. I would look over at him, get in his face and say, "You stop it right now"(as if he understands that). This only made him laugh and then proceed with louder, longer screaming. Normally I would try to ignore such behavior but a class was going on in the room next to me(there was no door to separate us), and a woman on the phone using the same equipment. The only thing that would silence the scream was for me to sing this one silly song to him. Please note this scream is no ordinary scream. It is high pitched and loud!

So there you have it people! You know your a mom when...you would rather have people hear you singing the same silly song over and over so your kid doesn't continue screaming, and you can finish whatever you started. It was really a pathetic site.

The next new thing he has discovered is his feet. He cannot get enough of them. He is constantly grabbing them and playing with them. It is rather nice, I don't need to find a toy for him because these two are always attached.
This was what he was found doing during his diaper change tonight. If he keeps this up we won't need a pacifier anymore either, his foot will do.
Lately I have been waking up to him "blowing raspberries" or spitting bubbles with his lips in his crib. He does this instead of crying to let me know he is awake. Today during his nap I noticed he had been sleeping for a really long time. When I went in his room to check on him I found him doing this very thing, wide awake. Who knows how long he had been up there doing it, maybe I should bust out the monitor...Nah, more quite time for me:)

1 comment:

The Herrons said...

kali has been doing crazy things too!! it must be that time..