Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gobble Gobble

This Thanksgiving we celebrated with just the three of us. Dan wasn't supposed to have work off, but at the last minute he was able to thanks to his boss. It was a simple dinner with a ton of leftovers.
I insisted we take a picture of how beautiful our turkey turned out.We ate soooo much and still had way too many leftovers. I think I cooked for 10 instead of 2.

After taking a nice long nap we headed across the street to the school yard. The weather was perfect and it was nice to just hang out.

This past year I have been able to sit back and really be grateful for the simple things in life. It is amazing how your perspective changes once you welcome an infant into your home. I have so much to be grateful for and I'm glad I took the time to ponder my blessings today.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

How fun to be just the 3 of you! Sometimes a quiet holiday is just as fun as the large family get togethers. :)