Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How It All Went Down

Friday morning we dropped Camden off at the babysitter before heading to the hospital. And you know me, I had to have her take our last family picture with just the three of us. It is a very weird feeling knowing you will start the day with just one child and finish with two. I wasn't really nervous, just anxious to be done!
When we arrived at the hospital I felt weird checking in to have a scheduled delivery. Most women go to the hospital in pain hoping they won't be sent away because they haven't progressed. I went to the hospital that morning with a clean house, makeup on, hair done, hoping they wouldn't turn me away because the operating room was full. This was it, it was for real.I can't help but think my man looks hot in these nice hospital scrubs! They liked him so much they even gave him his favorite color for this big day(not really, but it works)!

When they came in my room and told Dan to get dressed my heart skipped a beat. Here we were, just two short hours after arriving and headed to the OR. Dan waited in the room next door while I received my spinal. They laid me on the table, strapped my arms down, and I felt my bottom half go numb in a matter of seconds. I started to panic a little which raised my blood pressure. I was hoping they wouldn't notice, but when you are hooked up to all that equipment the alarms notify the rest of the world how you are really feeling. The nurse anesthetist was awesome and talked me through my "small panic attack" before Dan came in. One he walked in, it was go time.

At 12:51pm this big guy was born and we were off to the recovery room. I knew what to except seeing how this was a repeat c-section and was better prepared to be "out of it" for the next two days. Luckily this time I remember them wheeling me to recovery and seeing him get his first bath. I saw Dan feed the chunker his first bottle and he snarfed it down. It was a great feeling being more alert. After we stayed in the recovery room for about an hour I felt the medication kick in and me slipping off into la la land. They wheeled me to my room where Tiffani was waiting and that's about all I remember. The itching began!

Later that night Camden came to meet his new brother and has been loving on him ever since.

We can't get enough of his dark hair and calm demeanour(knock on wood). He is such a joy and we are so glad he is finally here.
Welcome to the world Jace David Walker.

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE that hair. What a cutie! I love love the pic. of the two of you in the hospital bed. How sweet. Congratulations!!!

Kenzie said...

Oh i just have butterflies in my tummy seeing this little angel and especially that picture of you and him together! Melt my heart!!

Tawnya said...

I'm glad it sounds like this was a better experience for you. I want to stop by Wed or Thu but YOU let me know what works for you. I have those burp cloths I promised you. :)

Eun Jin Lee said...

The binki picture is absolutely adorable. Jace fits him, I'm glad you chose it. Congratulations. Joelee likes the name too.

justme-thegoodthebadandtheugly said...

OK so he is absolutely precious!!! And you look FABULOUS!!!! And Danny is handsome as ever!!! SO happy it was a good delivery!! i have c sections too and I wouldn't have it any other way!!! You are GREAT!!! Take care of yourself and recover quick!!!

BreeAnn said...

WOW! What a beautiful baby boy! I can't wait to meet him!

Amy C said...

Cute family picture! I can't believe his hair! He has so much of it and it's so dark! What a cutie!

Gabaldon said...

He is adorable! I love his hair! You crack me up with the picture of just the three of you that's what I would do....LOL

I'm glad all is well, you guys are such a cute little family!

Cortney said...

Lissa, he is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations to all of you! I can't wait to meet him. Love you lots.

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

He is absolutely gorgeous! Oh my gosh. He is just perfect.