Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Firsts

Today for the first time since Jace was born...
  • We made a trip to Target, just me and the two kids. It went surprisingly well.
  • I cooked dinner. Everyone has been so gracious, we've had plenty of food.
  • I cleaned a toilet. Don't judge me, it wasn't THAT dirty.
  • I sneezed a good sneeze and it didn't hurt. I dare you to try sneezing after your abdominal muscles have been cut.
  • I polished off the remaining 1/2 gallon pistachio icecream that I just bought Saturday.
  • I demanded my doctor give me a referral to be seen by an ENT, and it worked. I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear for quite some time due to stupid fluid(or so I think).
  • Camden went down for a nap without climbing out of his crib to bang on the door for an hour.

I feel accomplished!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Lissa!! I can totally relate to quite a few of those.

Tawnya said...

That's a good day!

Casey said...

What a day! I'm exhausted just reading about it! Oh and BTW, for now on you're not allowed to make a post without posting a picture of the baby...come on! (it's in the Blogspot manual, pg. 63)

{amy k.} said...

Wow- that's a full day of accomplishments! When I had my appendix and gall bladder removed sneezing was the worst... I can definitely feel your pain! Glad you had such a good day!