Friday, April 3, 2009

Dear Camden...

I've started to worry how you might react to the changes coming your way next week. Last night I couldn't help but lay down with you when it was time for bed so we could snuggle a little longer. I was laughing inside as you drifted off to sleep singing Old MacDonald's "E..I..E..I..O". After we both fell asleep Dad put you in your crib because all of us sleep better that way. Only last night was different, you had a hard time staying asleep. You woke up several times and kept all of us up for most of the night. I feel bad for losing my temper more than once and realize where your short fuse comes from.


Even though both of us looked like orphans today, we needed to get out of the house. You needed entertainment that I didn't have the energy to provide. Just because it's April doesn't mean we can't have fun in the water. You ran around for almost two hours fully content soaking up some rays. Every time the water from the fountain would go down you'd say, "uh oh" and when it shot up in the air again you yelled, "ta da". I couldn't help but fall more in love with you today!
You are almost 22 months and as smart as they come. You are full of curiosity and think you're bigger than you really are. Every time you see another kid, you point and say "baby". Anything that can possibly be climbed on, you do. You are such a ham for anyone that will smile and you love to say "cheese" for the camera. Everything you drink is "juice", and you would eat a "bue pock" (blue popsicle) for dinner every night if you could. You have become attached to your "blank" and insist it goes to bed with you every night along with your baby. First thing in the morning you want to watch "bue's cue's" (Blue's Clue's) and call your Dad on the phone.
You are definitely ALL BOY! Instead of saying the word monster you insist on growling. You love balls and most recently your dads hats. You know how to push our buttons but you also know when to say you're sorry. You have a sensitive side and can give one killer hug. Your new brother already knows how much you love him from all the hugs and kisses you give him through my belly. You are such a joy and I can't wait for you to be a big brother. I love you Cam!
Love, Mom

4 comments:

Cara Fish said...

I love him! And I love how much you love him! You're such a good mom!

Bubbly Faces said...

Thanks for the knot in my throat, I love that sweet boy....

Casey said...

Ok that was so super sweet! I remember feeling almost guilty when getting ready to have my 2nd one, guilty for the changes that Bailey was going to have to go through. Did I also mention that I was an emotional train wreck the entire pregnancy? Anyhoo...Bailey's brother(s) was the best gift I could ever give her!! Camden and #2 are so lucky to have you as their mom.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I WOULD DIE RIGHT NOW TO BE OUTSIDE IN WATER!!!! YOU ARE LUCKY!!! And PS I would have said the exact thing to that lady in line at Walmart and I am not pregnant!!!!