Monday, January 28, 2008

We Thank Thee, O God, For A Prophet

I can't even begin to imagine the glorious reunion that is going on right now in Heaven.
My dear, sweet prophet past away last night. I say "my" prophet because he has been serving this church faithfully, and selflessly since I was 11 years old. He is what I remember! When my sister called me with the news of his passing my heart felt so heavy. The bittersweet emotions that ran through my entire body are something I will never forget.

Right before his loving wife passed away both Dan and I had the privilege of taking care of her in the hospital. I will never forget that time and the opportunity I had to listen to both their wisdom and wit.

President Hinckley was a man of many miracles. Through his constant service and heartfelt prayers, I feel so privileged to have witnessed many modern day miracles. I will never forget the impact he has made. I will cherish his example of prayer. I will forever see him lifting his walking cane and smiling. He was a wonderful man of influence, and made a tremendous impact on not only me personally, but our church as a whole.

He loved his sweet Marjorie more than words. I am so excited that last night they were reunited once again.

No comments: