Friday, January 11, 2008

I Finally Did It

My new neighbors have already lived here for over three months and I am just now getting them a welcome gift. Today Camden and I spent all morning making/sampling these melt in your mouth Cream Wafers. They are very simple to make but take a while to cut all of the small shapes out.

hmmmm...I wonder which part he enjoyed more...making, or sampling?When I took a plate over to my neighbor I was a little embarrassed that I had just gotten around to it, but extremely relieved! A welcome gift is always appreciated(at least I hope), no matter how late.

Cream Wafers

2 cups Butter(the real stuff)

2/3 cup whipping cream

4 cups flour

1 small bowl(about 1 cups worth) of granulated sugar

Mix butter, cream, and flour thoroughly. Chill for 1 hour. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick and cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds(I used small shaped cookie cutters). Coat both sides with sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet. Prick in 3-4 places with fork. Bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Creamy Butter Filling
1 cup soft butter
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tsp. vanilla

Blend together and mix in drops of whipping cream until good consistency to spread on a cookie. Tint with pink or green food coloring.

Put two cooled cookies together with filling. Makes 8-10 dozen

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Butter, sugar, and cream, OH MY! Sounds heavenly!!

Mimi said...

they were so good! a perfect bit sized treat! I almost ate the whole plate. Thanks for thinking of us in your baking venture. The pic of Cam is sooo darling, what a sweetheart!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

MMMMMMMMMM