Thursday, March 6, 2008

And So It Begins...

Yesterday when I picked Camden up from the gym daycare they told me he was "naughty". Supposedly he was chasing(scooting around at a rapid pace) two of the little girls and pulling their hair. One of the victims was being held by the girl working there, and the other was on the floor screaming bloody murder with a messed up pony tail.
How can anyone be mad at a face as cute as this!

No really, this is such a hard thing to deal with as a mother of the bully. He obviously doesn't understand what he is doing is wrong. If I tell him "no" he won't have a clue what I mean. So when will he understand? When can I begin disciplining for bad behavior? Not that I am looking forward to that, but I do understand the time will come sooner than later. He is ALL boy, nothing he does is soft! He hits, pulls hair, yells, rips things out of your hand, you name it! I guess we are in for it, starting yesterday. Dun..dun..dun!

3 comments:

fivewalkers said...

Discipline is never fun. It’s one of those necessary evils. I think you are doing fine…you acknowledge his behavior and try and teach him what is right and wrong. You might think he doesn’t understand…but kids are always smarter than you think. Keep it up and one day he will surprise you.

Rebecca said...

He's too young to understand WHY you tell him "no" or discipline him, but as long as you're consistant he'll get that he needs to stop or you'll keep desciplining! :) Frankly, I don't think a baby is ever "naughty", he's just exploring and that includes pulling hair. LOL But he can still learn to not do it. I'm reading 1-2-3 Magic and it's working WONDERS with C and H. When Camden is a little older you should check it out.

Mimi said...

OH NO! i am so sorry, what a horrable thing to hear when your little guy is still soooo little! Good luck with that, I think I'm in for that sometime soon too! Yikes!