Monday, January 3, 2011

Who needs heat in Arizona

We have had some bad luck with our heating and air conditioning in this house.  I dread turning it on each season for fear of it breaking.  Just about every season change something breaks, we spend several hundred dollars to fix it, and then start all over.  Of course it always happens during record breaking temps, on the weekend, or over a holiday.  This holiday weekend it was in the 20's at night and 40's during the day.
I have been using the oven an awful lot, and finding ways to make things work(like when my rolls wouldn't rise, I stuck them is front of the space heater).  Fortunately we had a space heater in every room, and the repair guy came today instead of tomorrow.  Unfortunately we had to replace the same part we already had because the last company didn't install it properly, and it was expensive!

Instead of telling the repair man goodbye I said, "See ya in 6 months".  He laughed but knows it's true.

1 comment:

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

Yuck! I hate repairs. I was grateful that our AC went completely out before our home warranty ran expired.