Monday, December 3, 2007

I Don't Think So

Camden has always been a really good napper until just a few weeks ago. I am not quite sure why there was a change, but something changed. I thought it was a phase and he would get over it and be back to his normal good napping self. Well he still hasn't snapped out of that so called phase. So today I told myself he is on MY schedule and I will put him down for two naps, no questions asked.

The first nap went great! I kept him up a little longer than he wanted, made sure he was fed and had a clean diaper before he fell asleep. Me being the naive little person I am, thought the second one would be that easy! I don't think so!!! As I sit here typing, he is lying in his crib SCREAMING and has been for the past 53 minutes. The longer he screams, the more I keep telling myself he is getting to the "tired cry phase", and will be out any minute. But at the same time a little bird sitting on my shoulder keeps telling me to go pick the poor kid up, he is not tired. How long do I let this go on for?

Oh the joys of motherhood! I wouldn't trade it for anything.

He is now gagging he is screaming so hard(yes he is a little bit of a drama queen, but I love him).

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Don't ya just love it? Just when you start to get into a nice routine, the kids will mess it up every time! :)

Cara Fish said...

I love that you called him a drama queen. :) Babies are so funny. Good luck figuring that one out. I'm glad you will have experience with it when I call you and need advice!