Friday, December 26, 2008

A Quite Christmas

Although it was just the three of us for Christmas, it was still something to remember. Camden let us sleep in until about 7:30, and then he was begging me to turn the tree lights on. Once I did that I couldn't help but turn on the Christmas music and start baking breakfast(sticky buns, of course).

I wasn't too sure how Camden would react this year to opening gifts, but it was with pure excitement! Every gift he opened whether church socks for Dad or a new baby for him(yes, I'm trying to get him used to the idea) he "oohed and awed". It was truly magical!

While the boys played with their toys, I took a small nap on the couch. But during my nap I had visions of Sonic drinks dancing in my head, I immediately arose and we took a little trip to Sonic.
Camden's corn dog must have sat well because he took a great 3 1/2 hour nap. While Dan played football(PS2 style), I walked around aimlessly trying to keep occupied. Dan had made sure the house was spic and span the day before, and with no errands to run, what was a girl to do? I was going stir crazy!
When Camden finally woke up we went for a little walk. Dan had the dog, and I pushed Camden on his new bike(thanks Ya Ya). It was rather weird being on a walk outside Christmas day and not freezing to death. But we enjoyed it nonetheless!


After dinner and watching "Elf", we decided to venture out and see the temple lights. I couldn't believe how many people were there doing the same thing. Feeling bad for myself, I thought we were the only ones not hanging out at Grandma's house. Boy was I wrong, I had never seen it so busy!

My heart has been extra soft this year when I think about the true meaning of Christmas. I have been drawn to Mary's feelings and what she must have gone through in order to bring the Savior to this earth. I'm so grateful for the birth of that precious child and the meaning it puts in my life. Although this Christmas was different than any other, it has truly been one to remember.

1 comment:

Cara Fish said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I loved these pictures. I can just hear Camden saying "oooh..." It makes me smile. Hope your Christmas "at home" was "Christmasy" enough. Love you guys!