Monday, June 4, 2012

Boys

Wrestling.
Fighting.
Punching.
Saving the world from bad guys.
Whatever you call it...I don't remember doing this ALL. THE. TIME. growing up.


I'm sure my growing up had something to do with having 4 girls in a row.  Now that I live in a house full of testosterone and 2 boys less than 2 years apart, I'm sure this is a life long journey.


 From the minute my kids wake up until the minute they fall asleep, they are expressing their love in this fighting sort of a way.  And Dan is no exception, he gets right down on the ground with them wrestling the night away.


At times it's rather exhausting.  And I try not to be a helicopter mom to break it up all day.  I think it's good for them to get it out of their system and learn what happens when they've pushed it too far.


Sometimes it ends in tears; okay, nearly every time it ends in tears. But at the end of the day they both have nothing but love for each other.


I wouldn't trade this boy chaos for anything.

1 comment:

{amy k.} said...

i have to say, i love and fear this all at the same time. i grew up with girls so i'm not so sure about the boy thing and have a feeling i'll be dealing with my fair share.... i'll have to ask you for advice when the time comes! your boys are so cute!