Monday, April 25, 2011

On The Road Again

Saturday morning(April 16th) was the big day!  We finished up all the "leftover" packing and bid farewell to life as we knew it in Arizona.
As I took one last walk through our place I couldn't help but get teary eyed about all the things I will miss.  The stupid flooring in the kitchen that drove me crazy to clean.  My boys room.  The storage under the stairs with my favorite hiding spot for gifts.  Our big closet.  The stairs I fell down holding both of my newborns.  My yellow bathroom Dan painted for me as a surprise while I was out of town.  My washer and dryer being outside.  Our courtyard patio that always smelled like dog poo.  The flower pot I attempted to keep up on but never did.  The palm trees in my front "yard" that grew so tall.  The parking lot my kids learned to splash puddles in.  The sink my boys had their first bath in.  My new windows, new air conditioning unit, and my new patio door.  The hole in the door from an upset Camden.  The one wall in the kitchen that needed constant cleaning from a food throwing Jace Man.

It's funny how I cursed so many things about living there until I knew it wouldn't be forever.
A couple days before we moved I had a dream about our drive to Idaho.  I kept trying to turn around in the car and look back while Dan was yelling, "Don't look back".  In real life, Dan was driving the moving truck and my Dad didn't say anything about me looking back.

Arizona will always be closer than it appears.
There may or may not have been tears about who got to ride in the BIG BIG truck with Dad.  And I thought I lucked out when he offered to have them both ride at the same time.  But instead of falling fast asleep while my dad chauffeured me in a quiet car; I was on edge watching my entire life in the truck ahead of me.

 We were fortunate enough to spend the first night in St. George with Dan's mom and Grandma. We were sad it was only for a short time, but grateful for their hospitality. They made sure to fill our bellies with a delicious breakfast and our hands with a bag full of fun toys for the ride.

Our boys were such troopers and the entire drive was less stressful than all of us anticipated.  Thanks to some mad driving skills from my Dad and Dan, we made it to Idaho around 7pm Sunday night.


DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

Lissa, I don't know what to say. I want to tell you that you are brave and that you are doing a good job and that my heart is sad for you and the people and place you are leaving behind. I am also excited for you to be able to experience this new experience and adventure. You do so good! You are a great friend. It was good to read your other post about the kindness others have been able to share with you. Keep us updated.

Amy C said...

Lissa, I hope you guys are doing well. I can totally relate to how you are feeling. I hope you guys are able to get all settled in quickly.

{amy k.} said...

a great new adventure awaits you!