Sunday, February 13, 2011

Favorite Things

I'm not the party throwing type, but this one I couldn't pass up.  I had seen this idea of a "favorite things" party floating around and had to try it while my sisters were in town(just in case nobody showed up I wouldn't be alone).  A couple hours before the party I started to get nervous and have flashbacks of junior high.  What if people didn't show?  What if my party was lame?  Did I need to have a back up plan in case of awkward silence?

But I calmed myself down knowing I invited my favorite people, to come eat our favorite foods, and share our favorite things.  How could it go wrong?
Everyone was asked to pick their favorite item(under $6) and bring 5 of them.  After explaining our favorite item we then drew names and gave them to those people.  There were some fun favorites and I think everyone walked away with good stuff.
I'm kicking myself for not taking more picture of the night, but I was a little preoccupied. 

This is definitely something I wanna do again, that is if people will show up?!?!

6 comments:

Amy C said...

I've seen a few of those Favorite Things parties. I think it looks fun too. It looks like you had a good time!

Tawnya said...

Yes, please - do another one!! In fact, I raved about it to Kristin and we are thinking of throwing one ourselves. We just won't be able to equal all the cute touches you put on yours.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Is that fruit salsa I see? Oh man i wish I could have been there!

Tracy said...

Best. Party. Ever.

Seriously, another one is in store!
Oh, and that quilt was way impressive.

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

What a great idea. I want to know more details. Super cute!

Gabaldon said...

Such a cute idea! Great idea's for a fun party with friends!!! I'm going to have to borrow this fun idea;)