Monday, December 20, 2010

The Surprises of Christmas

I have a love hate relationship with surprises.  I absolutely LOVE a good surprise!  But I HATE knowing about a surprise and having to wait for it.

You know, like surprising your kids with an unlimited amount of candy and frosting right before bedtime.

And being surprised when they don't want to go down for bed.


Or yesterday when Dan told me he had a surprise that would be coming today. I pretty much created an ulcer in anticipation for what would be coming. I tried to carry on my day as if nothing would be happening, but deep down I was dying. I imagined everything from my parents flying in for Christmas, to Dan losing his job.

So you can imagine my excitement when he finally told me I would be getting a massage in just a couple hours.  The kids would be in bed, she would come to me, and it was just because I deserved it.

And I loved all 70 minutes of it.

I also loved it when Ya Ya showed up right after and we all sat down to decorate sugar cookies-my husband, my friend, and my masseuse.

2 comments:

Cara Fish said...

Yea! Although I am BEYOND jealous that I couldn't be your massage therapist. Boo.

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

Nice! That is a great surprise. You did deserve it.