Thursday, September 9, 2010

Itch

I've had the itch to create lately.  And I may or may not have stayed up till midnight last night.  Here are a few finished products.
My mind is running wild with the possibilities my new friend burlap and I will soon create.
Just looking at this memory jar makes me cry happy tears.  I love the quote, "Preserve your memories, seal them up well.  What you forget, you can never retell..."
Each item in my jar tells a story, one I never want to forget.  I couldn't stand the thought of having them tucked away somewhere in a box to be lost and forgotten.  I'm hopeful someday my kids will want me to take it off the shelf and share it with them.
I also can't wait to make one for my boys.  Can you imagine...a shelf full of different styles and sizes of jars...all full of memories.

5 comments:

Tawnya said...

I love the memory jar idea! That's what stinks about scrapbooks, books of remembrance, etc....they sit on shelves and don't get the attention they deserve.

Amy C said...

It was fun to talk to you for a minute yesterday! I think your burlap banner is adorable, and I love that you made it all one piece rather than cutting single triangles. And your Jar, what a great idea! I love it! I don't know if I could fit all my 'stuff' into a jar tho. :)

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

What a great idea. You are so clever. I am glad we are friends and I get to relish in your creativity.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Cute creations Lissa all i want to do lately is sleep and I may have been up till midnight wanting to sleep!!! Love you

Tracy said...

Who knew burlap could look so sexy:)

I also love the memory jar idea.. how cute for kids to look threw their own jar and retell stories that are important to them!