Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baby Shower

I had the opportunity to throw a baby shower for a sweet friend back in May.

I'm not a fan of games, and uncomfortable "have-to's" when I'm a guest...so I kept it really casual and most importantly, yummy!

The theme was pickles and Ice cream.  The following saying was part of the invitation:

Pickles and Ice Cream 
for the mom-to-be...
Not quite as tasty for you & me.
I set paper pickles out next to pens if people wanted to leave her any advice.  I remember being pregnant and loved hearing everyones advice on how they did things.  But after my first baby came...people were welcome to keep their advice to themselves unless I asked for it.  Everyone has the best way for everything, but as a new mom you gotta figure out what works best for you and your baby.
The spread was a million different toppings served with all different ice cream flavors, and of course...
a side of pickles!

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

It was a great shower. So cute and so much thought was put into it!

Zach and Linds said...

What great ideas! I don't love the games at the baby showers either. Pickles and ice cream...what a cute theme!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

You are one of the most creative people I know!

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

It was so fun and super cute. You are so creative. Thank you.