Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving


Dan's favorite holiday is thanksgiving. He loves it because there is no pressure to give or receive any gifts. He says this is the one holiday you can just enjoy. When he first told me it was his favorite holiday I thought he was weird. But after the reasoning behind it, I was sorta embarrassed I didn't think of that myself. Although mashed potatoes and gravy are top on his list of things to eat, I doubt that has anything to do with it. He's just sweet, right?

I was scheduled to work that morning, but surprisingly got put on call and was able to attend dinner at our friends house. While driving to dinner we asked Camden what he was thankful for. I was positive he'd say, "the best parents in the world", but was just as happy with "dinosaurs...T-Rex dinosaurs".
Both Dan and I feel so blessed to have such great friends that take us in during the holidays. But there is something special about spending Thanksgiving with your family. I missed that! I'm hopeful that someday we will live closer to our family, and our kids can enjoy the mass chaos like I did growing up.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I totally agree with you on holidays with the family. It's just not the same without them. What a cute little family picture this is.

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

Camden is sweet. I hope you can live closer to your family soon, but only if I can still live near you. I would miss you.