Friday, November 6, 2009

6 Months

I finally got around to taking Jace Man in for his 6 month check up. He weighed in at a whopping 20lbs 1oz and is 28 3/4in tall. His head is the perfect size measuring 44cm around.

He eats like a champ downing 1-2 jars of baby food 3 times a day, followed by 6-8oz of formula to wash it down. He was taking 2 naps a day, but lately finds himself napping for 1-2 hours only once a day. Which leads to one exhausted baby come bedtime. But seeing how he sleeps from 7pm to 7 or 8am, I'm totally fine with that.
He's very even tempered and entertains himself really well. His latest obsession is hearing himself happy scream for the heck of it. He and Camden(ok I might join in every now and again) take turns yelling back and forth to see who is louder. It's pretty funny!

His hair gets a fair amount of comments, and has since day one. He has had several snips around the ears where his hair grows into wings, but other than that I'm just not ready to cut it.
I love how interactive he has become. He looks when you walk in or out of the room, his eyes light up when he sees you(especially his brother). He laughs all the time and smiles even more. He has been such an easy baby.

He loves this new sense of freedom which comes from sitting up. He moves all over the places by rolling around and I often find him doing "push-ups". Okay maybe not push-ups, but he holds his entire body above the ground by pushing himself up using just his hands and toes. It's incredible, I'm dying to get it on camera. He loves his bouncer and standing up while you hold his hands. He is one tough cookie.

He has several teeth wanting to break through, but most recently acquired his third on the top right. It just might be the cutest darn snaggle tooth I've ever seen.

He is getting so big, so fast!

7 comments:

Cara Fish said...

what a proud mama you are! love it! he is getting so big...and staying absolutely adorable...

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I love his chubs..oh I love his chubs! I miss you guys..sigh!

Debbie said...

He's getting so-ooo big and cute. What a fun age your boys are at!

Tawnya said...

I can see the resemblance between your boys now. They are both so so dang cute.

Kenzie said...

Oh he is such a doll! I love love all his hair and rolls!

fivewalkers said...

He is too cute for words... I love the snaggle tooth too!! Those cheeks are begging to be smooched.

Rebecca said...

He is SO ADORABLE! Big boy, too. Love it!