Saturday, July 12, 2008

Freedom

About a month ago Camden took his first real steps! If Dan and I stood on opposite ends he could make his way to us by walking. He would smile so big and I'm pretty sure falling into us was his favorite part. Everyone kept telling us that he would be walking on his own any day. Well, this lasted about a week and then he lost all desire to walk. We couldn't get him to take a step if our life depended on it. So we stopped bugging him about it.

During the last few days I noticed him walking from couch to couch, patting himself on the chest(as if he was so proud). But if we tried to get him to walk to us, he wanted nothing to do with it. He wanted this to be his thing, on his own timing. Slowly he made his way further and he hasn't stopped there!
It still takes quite a bit of concentration on his part, but he is getting around rather well. It is so fun to see him hobble around with a HUGE smile on his face! Every time he walks I sense he feels a bit of freedom that has been bottled up inside.

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

Oh my gosh, he's so grown up! It's so amazing to me that they know what they want and don't want when they're still so little.

Rebecca said...

Woo Hoo Camden!

Amy C said...

That's funny he won't do it for you guys! I absolutely LOVE his shirt! So cute!