Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fort Makin' Time

I usually try and do my cleaning whenever Camden is napping because he is such a good helper(wink wink). But today I decided to do something less productive, like take a shower. And when Camden woke up he was so willing to help me with the cleaning.
So in an effort to be a cool mom(aka distract my child so I can mop the floor), I decided to try my hand at making a fort. Now for all you fort masters out there...don't be dissing on my mad skills. So what, they might be a little rusty but I will kick your trash in no time.Much to my surprise, he enjoyed it more than I thought. It took a little coaxing to get him in at first, but he warmed up rather nicely.
He would crawl out of it, walk over to his toy bucket, and grab a toy one at a time to take into his fort. After he got bored of the toys we played a favorite of his, "peekaboo" around the chairs that made up this masterpiece.

I know you all are jealous you weren't hanging out in our fort today; but never fear, I'm pretty sure this will be a weekly ritual. So you are all welcome to bask in this glory while I mop the kitchen floor.

6 comments:

Amy C said...

I'm impressed! That looks like a pretty good fort to me! Everytime I try to make one, it never stays up! My brothers and I used to be pros at it when we were little! :)

Casey said...

Too funny! I'll have to snap a pic of my next fort, they're always a work in progress. Kids love them though!

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Sounds fun...now can you come to Utah and make one for Owen????

Rebecca said...

You ARE a cool Mom! How fun!

amy said...

You can borrow the blow up cake if I can play in the fort.

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

Hey Lissa Kenzie has a blog now its a link of my blog if you want to check it out. You may already know this if so disregard!