Saturday, August 25, 2007

Always a Catch

It has become quite the ritual that my child wakes up every morning between 6:00 and 6:30, no matter how long ago he fell asleep. After many mornings of TRYING to "make" him fall back asleep by putting him in bed with me, I quickly learned it always ends in a wrestling match and HE WINS! So now I have come to terms with this, I understand that he takes after his father and is going to be stubborn. I cannot make him sleep in any later than he really wants to. And because at 6:30 in the am, I have to really try hard to wake myself up; I do so by faithfully watching the news each day. This morning while watching the weather I learned that it was a beautiful 76 degrees outside. I couldn't believe it, 76 degrees in Arizona, in August, no way!!! I was bound and determined to take Camden for a walk. I grabbed a blanket for him(because 76 degrees, it must be winter), opened the front door, took one step outside and gasped for air! I should've known better, there was a catch to the beautiful 76 degree weather! That crazy weather lady forgot to tell me....95% humidity! Ugggh. It sorta felt like when you take a sip of what you think is lemonade, but is really water. I hate that!

1 comment:

CANADIAN AMERICAN FAMILY said...

I had a similar experience this morning...Owen woke up at 4am...yep you read that right....those dang teeth...but when we went outside it was 70 and it felt great..sorry