Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

I was a little more prepared for Easter this year than I was last.  We started early and I tried talking to my kids about why we celebrate Easter.  I wanted them to appreciate the holiday with a greater respect for our Savior.  After explaining the Resurrection to Camden, I asked him to tell me what it meant in his own words.  "Oh ya, it's like when Mario dies and you use a star, he comes back to life".  Talk about a proud mommy moment; knowing he understood the gospel because I let him play Wii.  


So we switched gears a bit and did the egg thing.  But anytime I use vinegar in a recipe Camden turns his nose up.  So I was not looking forward to dodging complaints while trying to do something fun with my kids. When my mom found a magazine article about dyeing eggs using kool-aid, I knew we had to give it a shot.


It was cheap, made a ton, smelled great, and the colors were even better than the box kits.  We are definitely using this method next year.




Camden and Jace couldn't believe how a white crayon could make "magic eggs".  Maybe I should remember this trick for random days when my kids are bored and needing some entertainment.


And of course, Easter isn't complete without new church clothes and a visit from the Easter Bunny.  After church, we stopped by Dan's work for a visit and the Easter Bunny just happened to be there.  It was a beautiful day and nice to reflect on our Savior.

1 comment:

Amee said...

Ok first I need the Kool-Aid dyeing recipe, and next I love love love the resurrection definition. That is so cute. Lastly that is the cutest bunny I've ever seen. Usually the bunnies are pretty scary!!! Cute Kiddos!