Thursday, February 16, 2012

Partners

Iron Man and Mr. Skeleton accompanied me on my morning run today.


I try not to bore my children with anything longer than a 5 mile run.  I just sorta feel like it's too much for them.  But I was a little desperate earlier this week; the weather was sunny, my scheduled run was 6 miles, and Dan didn't have a day off because he was going out of town. So I brought them along and they did great. 

Feeling bad for already dragging them along 2 days ago, I decided to run on the treadmill this morning.  About 30 seconds into my run, I was pleasantly surprised when Camden got teary eyed asking why they couldn't go in the stroller today.  

Obviously I jumped all over his enthusiasm for going outside with me, bundled them up, and off we went.  We traveled uncharted territory today and had a blast.


I have a tendency to get bored while I run and have been known to play the air guitar and drums all while singing out loud to myself.  So when my boys come along, we turn the Ipod up on the speaker and rock out together.  I was in mommy heaven when all three of us were singing at the top of our lungs to the same song.  We totally rocked our run this morning!  I sorta wanna do it again tomorrow.

3 comments:

{amy k.} said...

that is seriously adorable! now if only you could get a video and post it for all of us to see! i'd love to drive by a mom jammin with her kiddos in the stroller! :)

Tawnya said...

You are AWESOME!! I really don't know if I'd brave the cold to run six miles. You're gonna do great in your marathon.

graceandme said...

Wow, RESPECT! Running WITH a buggy - you go girl :00