Saturday, April 10, 2010

Number 1

Jace decided it was time to grow up and have a birthday! This past year flew by quicker than I ever could've imagined.


Jace is such a good eater but he didn't do nearly what I had expected to his cake. I'm pretty sure he filled up on all the homemade mac and cheese not knowing what was coming right after.


He decided to take a few steps about a week ago and is gearing up and ready to walk. He stands by himself for long periods of time and is rather proud of that. He will take about 7-8 steps before falling on his face(he hasn't perfected the fall).


Jace is such a snuggle bug and a total comfort baby. I have learned the difference between a binkie baby and not...it's incredible. With that darn thing constantly attached to his shirt he was always able to pacify himself. It was awesome! But I worried about how attached he was from day one. I had visions of finding binkie clips to match his first day of kindergarten outfit.

About 2 months ago he lost his last binkie at church and I never bought another. We just decided he could go with out and we'd see what happened. He slept like a champ that night, and that was all we needed for proof. But I will say he is definitely a different child now. He will let you know when he is upset. I often find him with the Mr. Potato head parts inserted in his mouth in exchange for the missing pacifier.


Along with the pacifier, he said goodbye to his bottle last night. Wish us luck!
He made it to his well visit check with Dr. Ciminello and got away with only 1 shot. He weighed in at a solid 24.3lbs(75%) and is 31 3/4in(95%) tall. I'm pretty sure his head shrunk with his last haircut as it measured 18.6in around.


Jace is such a joy and my love has definitely increased by leaps and bounds this last year because of him. He is the perfect little(not for long) brother for Camden and the best surprise I've ever had!

Thanks for having a birthday Jace Man. We love you!

4 comments:

DontYouWishYouWereUS said...

NOOOOO!!!!! That went by way too fast. He is all grown up now. Happy Birthday to him, it looks like he had a great time.

The Herrons said...

He is is so darn cute!!

Casey said...

Adorable Lissa!!

Kaylie said...

That's so great about the pacifier...I too dread taking it away as that is the quickest/easiest way to soothe her when she gets hurt. She puts Mr. potato head parts in her mouth too, even with the pacifier, haha. And kudos to you with the bottle....we are STILL working on that. Your son(s) is super adorable! Hopefully I'll get to see him in person someday! Love the updates, keep em comin' :)